Monday, March 28, 2011

When in Rome.

So with the end of my manfriend's season approaching we wanted to do something special to celebrate surviving our first year overseas as a couple. I have to say it wasn't that hard, we got through it together and our biggest obstacle was dealing with being homesick, and since we were both dealing with it it was much easier to cope.

We had many discussions on where we should go and we decided that we are going to travel to Italy. We will be visiting Rome and Venice, I am ecstatic about visiting Italy, which has been on the top of my bucket list for quite some time.

To see the history in Rome such as the Coliseum, the Vatican, the Trevi Fountain and St. Peter's Basilica will be awesome. To eat the amazing food, drink their amazing wine, and walk through the streets. We are going during Easter so I am sure the mood will be amazing being so close to the Vatican.

I need to brush up on my Italian, I did take four years worth of Italian in high school but not much has stuck. I've already began preparing for our trip, shopping for an Italian inspired wardrobe, I don't want to come off to touristy, yea I may be a little crazy but when in Rome dress as the Romans do.

 Rome

The Coliseum

Trevi Fountain

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs