Thursday, June 23, 2011

Icon: Audrey Hepburn

 Part Two of my summer icon series spotlights Audrey Hepburn. Audrey is an icon in every sense of the word. Her role in Breakfast at Tiffany's made me fall in love with New York City and it's glamour, it's funny that I ended up working right across the street from Tiffany's, where I sometimes find myself walking in and browsing just like Holly Golightly (Audrey), because there is no place quite like it.

Audrey was and still is a major fashion icon but she is so much more then a woman who looked well in a little black dress and pearls, she was also an icon for her humanitarian work with UNICEF. And unlike today with celebrities doing charity work to get good press or to follow trend, she did this because she truly cared. This is something that is truly harder and harder to find these days.

She is the definition of effortless style and grace. I grew up with a picture of Audrey in my room which always reminded me to be a lady, which is another thing harder and harder to find these days. Now I'm not conservative in the least bit but when I watch reality television and I see the way some women act, I think this is doing our gender a major disservice. We should take a cue from Audrey, we can be beautiful, sopisitcated, educated, talented, selfless women, you can be iconic in your own way.

 Thank you Audrey for being such a positive influence in my life. Now if I could only dance like you.

Icon: Audrey Hepburn
"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."- Audrey

















This song pretty much describes my life at this current stage. 
I love the way Audrey rocks it.

1 comment:

Victoria Talia said...

I couldn't agree with you more (especially how celebrities now just do charity work for good publicity). Audrey was one of a kind. I don't know if there will ever be any other celebrity like her.

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! You've gained a new follower :)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs