Thursday, June 16, 2011

Icons: John and Jackie Kennedy.

This is Part One of My Icon Series. Throughout the summer I will be sharing with you some of my style icons. First on the icon list is, John and Jackie Kennedy.


There is something about the Kennedys that is so glamorous and tragic at the same time. They were truly style icons in their day and continue to be today, even after their deaths. I would love to travel back in time to be a part of this amazing era in fashion and in history.


 I think my love for blue jeans, white t-shirts, Ray Bans, little black dresses and pearls all started after watching a documentary on the Kennedys. They brought their Hyannis Port lifestyle to Washington D.C., where America fell in love with them. I have a coffee table book of the Kennedys that sits in my living room that I look through from time to time, afterwards I always find myself reaching for a pair of pearls and over sized sunglasses.


Icons: John and Jackie Kennedy













No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs