Saturday, March 26, 2011

Inked.

On Thursday night my sister and I headed to Bound for Glory Tattoo Parlor to finally get our matching tats. Let me just say the people that work in the shop are hilarious and the stories we shared were very amusing, especially regarding my first tattoo they did for me a year and a half ago. (Long story, maybe I'll share in a later post.)

We showed them exactly what we wanted, which was the seagull from the cover of our favorite book, Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. So to correct my brother, NO it is not the Hollister seagull and NO we didn't get a seagull tattoo because Justin Bieber has one. We went with the seagull because of the book JLS and this book has played a very significant role in my sister and my life, so we thought it would be cool to get matching seagulls on our wrists.

I was very surprised with how little it hurt and how quickly it was completed. When it was done, I couldn't believe how great it looked, it looked just like the seagull on the cover of the book. My sister's turn to get inked went just as smooth and the result was also amazing. I think it's really cool that my sister and I have the same tattoo, we will forever be linked.

If you haven't read the book Jonathon Livingston Seagull, you should definitely check it out, it might take you all of an hour or two to read. This book is about testing your limits and not being affraid of being different. Now that I have my own JLS on my wrist it's a reminder to always try and be the best me I can be, to not be affraid of taking the less traveled path, and that being a little different is ok.



“You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.”
-Jonathon Livingston Seagull




1 comment:

Susanne said...

<3

a point for both of you, girls! :)

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs