Monday, March 14, 2011

March Madness.


Ever since I was a little girl when it came to the month of March it meant two things, St. Patrick's Day and March Madness! I've been particpating in the madness that is NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament as a devout spectator since the mid-90's, my mother was responsible for getting me involved in the madness, as she loves college basketball, and still finds it pure sport.

I have to admit for a couple of years (my early twenties) I wasn't that involved in March Madness as a fan, while my mother still watched all the games. In 2008 while she was watching the tournament on CBS, she called up to my room and said I needed to put on the TV. They were doing a story on a guy from our native Staten Island who was playing for Notre Dame, she thought he was rather cute and suggested I date him as she always pictured me with an athlete. Well, I guess mother knows best because however the stars aligned, come that summer we were actually dating, weird I know!

I was now thrown into the heart of college basketball, going to games and cheering my little heart out, most of the time embarrassing whoever was sitting next to me with my yelling. I soon fell back in love with college ball and began following religiously, I knew the March Madness gods were happy I returned.

So when it comes to this time of year, I get so excited to set up my brackets for the tournament and see who goes to the final four. I have to say I am bias towards Notre Dame because my guy played for them. I have them going really far in the tournament but it's not just because he's an alum, ND happens to be awesome this season, so I would love to see them go deep in the tourney.

The brackets were tricky this year and I really had to analyze the matchups and pick who I think would prevail, this wasn't an easy task. I think my picks are pretty solid, but there are always upsets and underdogs that surprise everyone in the tournament, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I am really looking forward to Thursday when the games get on there way, until then I'll keep looking over my brackets, hoping I made the right picks.




No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs