Sunday, March 13, 2011

Quote of the day.

Sunday my favorite day of the week, happy daylight savings it's great to know the sun will be setting at 7:00pm, wahoo now I can run after work! I hope your weekend has been fabulous, I know mine has. Yesterday I offically moved Kyle and I into our new apartment and it went so smooth. A major thank you to both of our parents and Kyle brother Shawn, who helped me move all of our stuff in. It's awesome to see the apartment really taking shape now that we have furniture in there.

 Today I am going to enjoy a nice run in this springish  weather. Then it's off to some stores to look for some more apartment stuff. Later today I'll be celebrating two amazing women in my life my Aunt Robin and my cousin Sammy, I can't wait to see the family.

My manfriend's Three Point Contest is today and I'm not wishing him luck because he definitely doesn't need luck when it comes to shooting. I'm just going to wish him fun and I know he is going to kill it out there on the court today. Also a congrats to his teammates Deon and Lance who are competing in the Dunk Contest, have fun guys.

Today's quote comes Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz, I love this guy. As you all know I am a lover of Starbucks coffee,and along with the coffee I love this history of this coffee giant. Below the quote I posted a clip from an interview Schultz did for a show called Iconoclasts that used to be on the Sundance network, it was such a great series, I really wish they would bring it back. Anyways I remember watching this interview and that's when I truly fell in love with Starbucks. This quote is truly remarkable, I love thinkers like this.
 The highlighted part of the quote is my favorite.

Enjoy.


Don't be beaten down by naysayers. They'll call you a dreamer, a do-gooder or a romantic. Every time you stand up for a good cause-large or small- someone will roll their eyes or tell you to sit back down. Robert Kennedy used to say 20 percent of the people are against everything all the time. It's true. There will always be lots of people who can give you all the reasons why you can't or won't improve the world. It's up to you to remind yourself of all the reasons why you can and will. Optimism and pessimism are both choices. Notice that some of the most interesting and successful people have chosen to acquire the habit of talking about what they are for rather then what they are against. Be one. I realize that idealism is out of sync with the cynicism of our age. Skepticism has come to be synonymous with sophistication, and glibness is mistaken for intelligence. In such an atmosphere, why bother aiming high? Far too many people don't. I just want to reassure people to have the courage to persevere, to keep following their hearts even when others scoff. Don't be beaten down by naysayers. Don't let odds scare you from even trying.
-Howard Schultz, CEO, Starbucks Coffee Co.

Clip of Howard Schultz from Iconoclasts.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs