Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quote of the day.

It's Sunday Lovers and man do I loves Sundays. It is another gorgeous day in NYC, it may not be 70 degrees but Spring is definitely in the air. I can't wait to enjoy  a nice run in the park, it's a perfect way to start my day. I hope your day is filled with great things. A big congrats to the guys of Ikaros basketball who took home the win last night against Peristeri in Greece. My manfriend had a solid game and I am really proud of him, I wish I was there to see him in action.

 March Madness Basketball is killing me, like I told you in an  earlier post called,March Madness, I live for this time of year but the teams that I thought would be going far into the tournament are getting their butts kicked by teams that weren't expected to do much. I guess that's the beauty of March Madness, anything can happen. But because anything can happen my brackets aren't looking to good this morning, let's hope today's round of games will be a little kinder on me. With that said go Notre Dame, kill it out there.

Also a big Good Luck to everyone competing in the New York City Half Marathon this morning, the weather is great and you are prepared. I have a bunch of friends running in this race and I am so proud of them.

Today's quote is by authors Richard Leider and Steve Buchoz from their book titled, The Rustout Syndrome. I came across this quote and it really stuck with me. There isn't much to explain about this quote, all I will tell you is that I hope you remain passionate about the things you love, life is to short to be routine. 

Enjoy!


There's a silent killer that stalks America (and the rest of the world). It's called "rustout" and it's far more deadly and scary than burnout. Sure, burnout can wear down your body, but rustout can wipe out your soul and your spirit. Rustout is the slow death that follows when we stop making the choices that keep life alive. It's the feeling of numbness that comes from always taking the safe way, never accepting new challenges, continually surrendering to the day-to-day routine. Rustout means we are no longer growing, but at best, are simply maintaining. It implies that we have traded the sensation of life for the security of a paycheck...Rustout is the opposite of burnout. Burnout is overdoing. Rustout is underbeing.
-Richard Leider and Steve Buchhoz, The Rustout Syndrome

2 comments:

Noel said...

REALLY GREAT QUOTE!!!!! I've never quite been able to put rustout into words, but now it all makes sense. It really is a slow killer.I'm so happy to be passionate and I hope we remain this way forever!

Meggie said...

I couldn't agree more!!!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs