Monday, March 14, 2011

Quote of the day.

Happy Monday Lovers, hope the weekend was a fine one. Mine was productive and full of family so therefore it was successful. Yesterday ended up being beautiful and I got in an unbelievable run which set pace to the rest of the day.

Today's quote is actually lyrics from a Five For Fighting song called, The Riddle. After watching all of the devastating reports coming from Japan after the earthquake and tsunami, I've realized yet again how precious life really is. My heart breaks for the people of Japan, the stories are horrific and I realize how lucky I am. I stress out over the silliest things and seeing this tragedy puts life in perspective.

The words to The Riddle are great and really makes you think about how big the world really is and that you are really just a tiny piece of it.

Enjoy.

There was a man back in '95
Whose heart ran out of summers
But before he died, I asked him
?Wait, what's the sense in life?
Come over me, Come over me?

He said, "Son why you got to sing that tune?
Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon?
Let an angel swing and make you swoon
Then you will see, you will see"

Then he said, "Here's a riddle for you
Find the answer: There's a reason for the world
You and I"

Picked up my kid from school today
Did you learn anything? ?Cause in the world today
You can't live in a castle far away
Now talk to me, come talk to me

He said, "Dad I'm big, but we're smaller than small
In the scheme of things, well we're nothing at all
Still every mother's child sings a lonely song
So play with me, come play with me"

?And hey Dad, here's a riddle for you
You and I?

I said, "Son for all I've told you
When you get right down to the
Reason for the world who am I?"

There are secrets that we still have left to find
There have been mysteries from the beginning of time
There are answers we're not wise enough to see
He said, ?You looking for a clue? I love you free?

The batter swings and the summer flies
As I look into my angel's eyes
A song plays on while the moon is hiding over me
Something comes over me

I guess we're big and I guess we're small
If you think about it man you know we got it all
'Cause we're all we got on this bouncing ball
And I love you free, I love you freely

Here's a riddle for you
Find the answer: There's a reason for the world



No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs