Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yummy...Yum...Yummy

Last night after my second workout of the day, I felt I deserved an amazing treat for dessert and I also wanted to surprise my guy with something special. I called my sister via Skype and asked her how to make apples in sauce, not applesauce but apples in cinnamon and brown sugar sauce. 

Yummy!

Her recipe seemed pretty easy, and I was excited to try it out. I needed apples of course, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter, I also picked up some ice cream, waffles, and butter pecan syrup to go along with the apples in sauce. My inner Martha Stewart is really coming out these days. 

We managed to get through dinner without me spoiling my surprise treat, I then informed my manfriend that he wasn't allowed to come into the kitchen because I was going to whip up something special. 

My sister told me it should only take me 10-15 minutes to make, since I pre sliced the apples. She was right within ten minutes the smell that was coming off the stove was amazing, I couldn't contain myself and told my guy to come and see what I made. All he could do was grin, he has a real soft spot for dessert, so I knew I made his night. With the apples just about done, I took out the ice cream and other toppings, warmed up the waffles and we were ready for business. 

The result was phenomenal, the  warm apples with cinnamon brown sugar sauce went perfectly over ice cream. I went the simple route by only adding a little whipped cream on top of mine, Kyle however added the butter pecan sauce, whipped cream and additional cinnamon to his. 

This was a simple, delicious dessert to whip up and I'll definitely be making more in the future. A big thank you to my sister for giving me this great recipe. We actually had the leftover apples and sauce with our breakfast this morning, and I think because the apples sat in the sauce overnight they were even better. 

Yummy!

Here are the few simple steps and the results. 

  Take 4 large Granny Smith Apples.

 Slice them an 8th of an inch thick for best results.

 Melt a half a stick of butter.

Once butter melts add sliced apples and cinnamon.

 In separate pot melt half a cup of brown sugar.

 I added a drop of water to speed up the process.

 Once brown sugar is in liquid form, pour on top of apples.

 Let simmer for five minutes, occasionally stirring and then you're ready to enjoy.

 Perfect on top of ice cream.

 Our sweet spread.

 Kyle working on his creation.

Wow.

 Mine is a little more simple.

 Excited to dig in.

I think he liked it. 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs