Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quote of the day.

Happy Saturday Loves! I'm just one day away from running my first half marathon of 2011 for Team Livestrong. I couldn't be more excited to race in honor and memory of my Uncle Mike . What makes me even more excited is knowing that my cousin Lyndsay will be here in three days. So much to look forward to and be thankful for. 

Today's quote is a little motivation for my race tomorrow, it comes from one of the greatest running coaches of all time, Bill Bowerman. Bill Bowerman was the legendary coach at the University of Oregon and the founder of NIKE. His words are truly motivational and inspiring. This is a quote to his team at 
the of U of O.

Steve Prefontaine and Bill Bowerman.

Enjoy and Livestrong!

Men of Oregon, I invite you to become students of your events. Running, one might say, is basically an absurd past-time upon which to be exhausting ourselves. But if you can find meaning, in the kind of running you have to do to stay on this team, chances are you will be able to find meaning in another absurd past-time: life.

- Bill Bowerman

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs