Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quote of the day.

Oh my word, I can't believe it's February! For all my friends and family back in New York, smile today because spring is right around the corner and I know the snow sucks but it will be gone soon. I am excited about February, and no it's not because of Valentine's Day (overrated), but because my cousin will be visiting me in Greece in three short weeks and after that I'll be home in New York setting up my new apartment.

Today's quote is from the movie Rocky, which is one of my manfriend's favorite movies which he always tries to make me watch. Rocky is probably up there as one of the greatest sports films of all time. The quote is about going out and conquering your dreams , not making excuses and not giving up. As an athlete I love quotes like this and I thought this was a perfect quote to start the new month, so go out a get some!

Enjoy!

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But, it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
-Rocky


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs