Thursday, February 24, 2011

Run! I'm Excited.

Dean Karnazes an ultra marathon runner and author of Ultramarathon Man:Dean Karnazes and 50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days, is coming out with a follow up book called Run!: 26.2 Stories of Blisters and Bliss.

Run! will be available next week, March 1st and I can't wait to get my copy. It will be perfect reading material for my flight back to New York on Wednesday. 

Dean Karnazes is a beast and I had the privilege of meeting him this past October at the Chicago Marathon, I blushed like a little school girl and couldn't say much. He was a really great guy and extremely motivating. 

Dean and I in Chicago.

This week Dean starts his Run Across America, where he has teamed up with, Live! with Regis and Kelly. His goal is to run from California to New York, running the equivalent of two marathons a day for 75 days. He's running for an amazing cause, Action for Healthy Kids. The money raised during his run goes towards creating healthier schools and combating the childhood obesity epidemic throughout the country. 

I posted a link below that shows you how you can get involved with Dean's Run Across America, and I know I'm definitely going to join in the effort. He will actually be running in my hometown of Staten Island on May 9th, can you say, AWESOME! 



I'll be sure to let you know how the book is, most likely I'll be obsessed.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs