Monday, February 14, 2011

King and Queen for a day.

Yesterday my guy took me on a little getaway to celebrate Valentine's Day. We drove south from Athens to our first stop Lake Vouliagmeni, where we enjoyed a nice swim on such a beautiful day. After the lake we headed over to Astir Palace which is part of the Athens Riviera, right outside of Vouliagmeni. We checked into the Arion Resort and Spa, and it blew me away.

I couldn't believe the view we had from our room, we were literally surrounded by water. The hotel was immaculate, and the staff was amazing. After enjoying the view from our room, we headed down to the spa, where we were really able to relax. The spa had this huge heated pool, with numerous jacuzzis. Outside the pool room, there was a steam and sauna room, followed by a mist shower and foot pools. The spa was so tranquil, I wish I could be around something this amazing everyday. 

Once we got enough out of the spa we headed back to our room, to hang out and enjoy watching some American television, it's the little things that we appreciate. After some lounging we headed down to the bar to get a drink before dinner. The bar was really nice and the bar tender informed us that the resort get's really busy during May and June, so we really lucked out. We enjoyed some red wine and were looking forward to our dinner. 

My guy made reservations for us at The Grill Room, which was a Mediterranean Restaurant specializing in seafood. I was so excited because we really haven't had much seafood while we've been living in Greece. I had an amazing shrimp and scallop dish accompanied by a spicy risotto, Kyle had the Grouper which was out of this world and we shared a lovely bottle of merlot. 

After dinner the lady at the front desk told us there was a chocolate festival over at the Westin, and that we should go check it out. Now being that Kyle and I are both chocolate lovers and that is was Valentine's Day we took her up on the offer and headed over to the Westin. When we arrived it looked as though the festival was over for the night, but the great staff set us right up with a table. They brought out a variety of chocolate dishes and two different types of wine. The first glass they gave us was a chocolate wine, and it was so amazing my taste buds were going crazy, the other glass they gave us was a nice merlot. 

Our little getaway turned out to be an amazing day followed by an even better night. I'm very lucky to be able to experience the things I have in my life and I'm even more thankful that I get to share it with an amazing person. We make a great team, and it's nice to know I found someone that really loves the me I love. 

Happy Valentine's Day to You and Your Special Someone.

Here are some pictures of our day, followed by a cool video of the beautiful landscape and water.







No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs