Friday, January 21, 2011

That's Amore.

I decided to try making some Italian food the other day and man, oh man was it fun. I am from Staten Island where everyone and their dog happens to be Italian, except for me though, my family isn't an ounce of Italian but that doesn't mean we don't enjoy a good sauce or a meatball every now and then. 


I figured I would start off easy on my Italian cooking journey and make some homemade bruschetta and chicken parmesan heros. I went to the grocer next door and got everything I needed to make an Italian feast. 


When I came back to the apartment I youtube'd how to make bruschetta, followed the simple directions and voila the bruschetta was finished. The chicken parmesan hero was also fun to whip up, and pretty easy. I am learning that cooking isn't really that hard as long as you have all of the ingredients, patience and a nice glass of wine always helps as well. 


When my manfriend came home from his practice he was very impressed with what I prepared. He  went on to impressed me by making some yummy garlic bread to go along with the bruschetta. Our Italian friends would be very proud of us, and I think this meal could of earned me a spot on the Jersey Shore. 


Here's how it went down in the kitchen. 


Bruschetta
 You can use three to five large tomatoes to make a decent batch of bruschetta.


 Dice the tomato into cubes. 


 Chop up some red onion. I used one whole onion, depends on what you like. 


 Your going to add olive oil and balsamic


Mix it up really well.
I let it sit in the refrigerator for about three hours, so that the tomatoes really soak in the balsamic. 

 Kyle made garlic bread, using whole wheat bread, butter, olive oil, garlic and grated cheese.


Add the bruschetta to the garlic bread and you are good to munch.


Chicken Parmesan Hero
 Slice some fresh mozzarella. This stuff is so good!


 Get yourself a nice loaf of Italian bread. For the carb conscious, you can gut the inside. 


 After cooking up some chicken cutlets on the pan, place them on your hero and add the fresh mozzarella. 


 Bake until cheese is melted and bread toasted. 


 Add some marinara sauce.


And you have yourself a Hero!


Cooking can be a blast, especially when you get to enjoy the end result.


That's Amore!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs