Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quote of the day.

Happy Hump Day Loves, I heard my hometown is getting hit with snow once again, please everyone be safe and don't drive if you don't have to. I am currently puppy sitting for my manfriend's teammate. This puppy is so freaking cute, I really want a dog over here so I can run with it and it can keep me company while Kyle is at practice and away games, but we'll see what happens. 

Anyway, today's quote is a mushy love quote. I try and steer clear of these on this blog because not everyone is a fan of mushy love quotes but I really love this one. The quote is from the movie, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, definitely check it out it's a great movie staring Penelope Cruz, Nicholas Cage and Christian Bale. The quote is a great definition of what love really is and I happen to agree with this point of view. 

Enjoy!


When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No... don't blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away. 
-Captain Corelli's Mandolin

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs