Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Book of the week.

Since I love to read and people are always asking me for book suggestions, I figured every week I would post a book I am currently reading or have already read. I enjoy a wide variety of reading, from biographies, romance, history, fiction, and sports. I love where stories can take you, I love being inspired and I love gaining a little knowledge after a great read.

This week's book is one of my favorites, from the minute I picked it up I couldn't put it down. Now that I am training for my first half Ironman, I will definitely be using this book to help motivate me, through the grueling preparations. I strongly suggest checking it out, even if you aren't a sports lover like myself, it's called 17 Hours to Glory by Mathias Muller. 

17 Hours to Glory, takes you inside the world of the Ironman Triathlon. Each chapter introduces you to a different Ironman athlete and their personal journey to complete the ultimate test which is the Ironman Championship in Kona Hawaii. The Ironman Triathlon consists of swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles and finishing up by running a marathon, which is a distance of 26.2 miles. The triathlete must do this all under seventeen hours to be a real finisher.

You'll hear stories from the best athletes such as Mark Allen and Paula Newby-Fraser, to Sister Madonna a running nun, to the famous Team Hoyt (make sure when reading this chapter you grab the tissues), and the triumphant finish by Julie Moss. Each chapter is better then the next and will inspire you in so many ways.


So definitely check out this great read, and I promise you will not be disappointed. 

Enjoy and Happy Reading!

This is a clip of Team Hoyt, I had the honor of running next to them during this year's Boston Marathon. They are truly inspiring. 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs