Friday, January 7, 2011

Parking Rules in Greece...There are No RULES

Greece is a great country, and I really am so lucky to have been given the chance to live over here for a couple of months. There is one thing though that boggles my mind on a daily basis here in Athens and it's how the Greeks park their cars. 

The compact car is king here in Greece and it seems like as long as the car fits then it is a spot, even if that spot is the sidewalk. I can't help but giggle when we walk by some of these parking jobs, it is really quite a sight. Parking here could actually be considered an art, and I think the Greeks test themselves by trying to maneuver into the most difficult spaces, just to see if they can a.) do it without hitting another car and b.)get away with it, because well most spots would never be considered a parking spot at all, but they make it one and no one seems to really care. 

If it fits, well then it's a spot.


If I take away anything from Greece, it might just be the art of the parallel park. Probably not though since I suck at parking and have on more then one occasion, actually gotten out of the driver's seat in order for my manfriend to park, not the proudest of moments. 

Here's a little clip of some of the parked cars 
near our apartment.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs