Monday, April 18, 2011

This is where Amazing Happens.

NBA Playoffs

It's that time of year people, the NBA Playoffs are upon us and I couldn't be happier. I look forward to the Playoffs like a five year old looks forward to Christmas.  The NBA Playoffs are truly where amazing things happen and I love being able to watch it unfold.  For the last four years the manfriend and I have devoutly watched each series, making it one of our favorite traditions. 

This year is very exiting because the New York Knicks (Go New York, Go New York, Go) are actually in the Playoffs which hasn't happened since 2004, I know they have a tough series against the Celtics but hey you never know what can happen, it is the Playoffs. 

In the Eastern Conference I would like to see any team go to the Finals, any team that doesn't rhyme with Meat, isn't in Miami and doesn't have Lebron James on their roster, so basically any team other then the Miami Heat. I don't know why I am bitter about the whole Lebron James "decision" bullshit, it's not like I'm from Cleveland or anything, I just don't want to see Miami in the Finals.  Perhaps it will be the Bulls in the Championship, maybe the Celtics , I'd be in heaven if it were the Knicks, like I said you never know. All I know is that I will be pleased if any team besides the Heat get there. 

I would love to see the Lakers head to the Finals for the West and I would actually like to see them win, I can't believe those words just came out. I never liked the Lakers, but there is something about a team going for their third championship in a row that kind of turns me on, I guess it's the sports enthusiast in me. Also I would like to see  Phil Jackson who is a legendary coach  go out on top with a three peat, since he is said to be retiring after this year. ( I might be partial to him winning because he bears a striking resemblance to my father, weird)

So we shall see what happens, it's only April 18th and the Championship series isn't until June. Until then I will enjoy each game, screaming at the television,  cheering for the Knicks, putting hexes on the Heat and all the other fun stuff that comes with watching the Playoffs, such as  drinking large quantities of Heineken.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs