Monday, April 18, 2011

Quote of the day.

Hey there beauties, happy Monday. I enjoyed a lazy Sunday with my manfriend, now it's back to business. I am running a half marathon in a little over a month, this half is special because I am trying to accomplish a very big goal, qualifying for the New York City Marathon. I know it isn't an easy task but I'm ready to test myself.

Today is a special day in the "Running World", it's the running of the Boston Marathon. I was lucky to run the Boston Marathon last year and it was by far the best marathon experience of my career. I was the most nervous I've ever been before the start of a race but that went away once I started running, the race unfolded perfectly for me. Once I reached mile 23 and the city of Boston was in view I knew I was going to finish, that's when the tears started. Running the Boston Marathon is something every marathoner wants to do and I got the chance to do it. I wish all the runners amazing success as they run the race of their life today. Talking about this race only gives me more motivation to qualify for 2012.

The quote I picked for today comes from the great Walt Disney, Imagineer and creator of Disney. I love his philosophy on dreaming big, it gives me faith that if you want something bad enough you can achieve it. Don't be afraid to go after what you want in life.


Enjoy!

All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.
 – Walt Disney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this!!!!!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs