Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quote of the day + A Tune.

Wahoo, we've reached the hump, Wednesday that is. This week seems to be going at a nice steady pace. I know my fellow New Yorkers are happy the sun is finally out and the temperature is actually warm, has summer arrived? I sure do hope so, I'm counting down the days, really looking forward to the three day weekend that's approaching. How's your week going?

Last night I met up with my Team in Training ladies, for a Boot Camp cross training workout, let me just say it kicked my butt, doing this workout right after running a half marathon, probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. But I am training for a Half Ironman, so I have to really step the intensity up. With that being said, I can't wait to go for a run after work today. I really want to train hard so when August arrives and I'm toeing the line at my first Half Ironman 70.3 mile race, I'll be prepared. (I can't believe I'm actually training for an Ironman!)

Have you checked out the Jeans and Tee's and Travel and Cakes GIVEAWAY?!? You have three more days to enter Jeans and Tee's FIRST GIVEAWAY, with a chance of winning a pair of TOMS Shoes. The contest ends Friday May 27th at 12:00pm, so got check out this post
and
 ENTER!!!
 Please be sure to leave your Blog's name, so I can follow you in return. Good Luck to everyone participating!!!


Today's quote comes from the band, Snow Patrol and their song, Chocolate. I really dig this song, I first heard it when it was used in the movie, The Last Kiss. I didn't love the movie to much, but I did however love the soundtrack. The words to this song are fantastic, instead of using just a few lines, I've included all the lyrics. This is a song about finding yourself, fears, love and discovery. I really appreciate songs like this, it makes me feel that I'm not alone on this crazy journey called life.

Enjoy!
This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home

With a name I'd never chosen
I can make my first steps
As a child of 25

This is the straw, final straw in the
Roof of my mouth as I lie to you
Just because I'm sorry doesn't mean
I didn't enjoy it at the time

You're the only thing that I love
It scares me more every day
On my knees I think clearer

Goodness knows I saw it coming
Or at least I'll claim I did
But in truth I'm lost for words

What have I done it's too late for that
What have I become truth is nothing yet
A simple mistake starts the hardest time
I promise I'll do anything you ask...this time

-Snow Patrol, Chocolate
I also included the song for your viewing and listening pleasure, enjoy it Loves!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs