Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quote of the day.


Happy Wednesday my loves, its rainy again in New York City. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record with this rain business, it's hopefully going to stop by Friday, fingers crossed. I had a productive day yesterday, got a new gym membership, can't wait to start using it tomorrow. Also the manfriend and I worked on our apartment, getting it to look just right with the addition of his "man chair", which I have to say it is growing on me.

 Yesterday was a day of great conversations for me, starting at work and ending at home over dinner. I've been working for Abercrombie and Fitch since 2003, that's a mighty long time, this company has seen me grow up before their eyes and they've been so great to me over the years. I had a meeting with one of my senior managers about my direction and where I see myself going in life and with the company. This topic was the theme of the day I suppose because over dinner with the manfriend, he asked me the same questions. 

I am a girl with many hats, I have a slew of passions and love to dabble in just about everything. I've been told it's a great quality but there comes a point in your life when you really have to hone in on what really drives you, the thing you wake up in the morning and can't wait to do. Right  now I'm at a crossroads. 

My days consist of waking up at 6:00am commuting into Manhattan, working a 9 to 5, commuting home, coaching my running team, teaching yoga, getting in a workout of my own, blogging and finding time to spend with the manfriend. Being busy isn't a bad thing but doing all of these things doesn't allow me to focus on each 100%. When I'm doing one thing like for instance, going on a long run, I'm constantly thinking about everything else I have to get done. This ends up turning into stress, which is never good. My manfriend sees that it is sometimes a struggle for me and I agreed last night that it must end, I have to make a decision on what's really important for me to be doing at this point in time. But how do I make this choice, how do you walk away without wondering, "Is this the right decision?"

I know that the intial step is the hardest and I'm so happy to know that I have so much support and respect from my loved ones and co-workers, it's great to know that if you are a good person and work really hard, good things even great things are bound to come your way. So I have some serious thinking to do but I know whatever path I choose will be the right one for me.

What's your path?

Today's quote fit perfectly with what I am going through. It is from the famous playwright, William Shakespeare. These are some really powerful words and they really moved me. We all have doubts and fears, we just have to make sure that we don't let fear dictate our lives. Life is to short to worry all the time, I am learning more and more to go with my gut. Sure I have fears, but if I let fear control who I am, I'm going to wake up at 80 and relize that I've missed out on a whole lot because I was to scared to try. So I say, go out and conquer, be the you that you've always dreamed of being.

Enjoy!

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
-William Shakespeare 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs