Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Inspirational.

I've posted earlier in: You Can Now Call Me Coach Meg, that I am coaching a group of amazing women for Team in Training which is part of the Leukemia  and Lymphoma Society. They will be competing in the New York Road Runner's Mini 10k June 11th, which is an all women's race, all while raising money for people living with blood cancer. Can you say beasts! 

This is my first coaching gig and it has been an awesome experience that has only become even better as the days progress. I have a group of 49 women, this is a very large number that intimidated me at first but they've made it very easy for me. They are all rock stars in my eyes, some are runners, some are beginners, some run/walkers, some are cancer survivors, each woman's story is uniquely theirs and that's what gets them out the door and running. I am so honored to have been given the chance to coach such an inspiring group. 

I promised them that no matter what obstacles get in their way, that I will help them achieve their goal. I will help them get to that finish line. I couldn't tell you how proud I was this past weekend when we went for our group run and saw a sea of purple (our team color) throughout the park, this literally gave me goosebumps and I was so happy to be a part of something so great. They truly do not give themselves enough credit and it is people like them that make the world a little better. It's their selflessness and commitment to a cause while achieving a personal goal that should never go unnoticed. I know they inspire me to be better and do more for others. 

I may be their coach teaching them ways to run better and how to get to the finish line but they don't realize what teachers they are to me. They've taught me so much in the two weeks that I've been coaching them and for that I am forever grateful.  

Some of the Team and Myself.
"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love." 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs