Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Roundup

This was a crazy weekend, one minute I'm in Greece the next minute I'm sitting in my parents house in New York City eating dinner, catching up and not believing how fast this year went, it really is crazy what can happen in a day. Here is a look at the highlights of my weekend, I hope you had a great one as well. 

Friday

After returning from Santorini Thursday night, I spent Friday which was my last day in Greece in Athens. I packed up what was in my manfriend's and my apartment, watched the Royal Wedding, enjoyed lunch from Noodle Bar (this great spot in Nea Smyrni, Athens...if you are ever there you have to check it out), editing pictures from our Santorini trip, visiting our favorite local spot Dos Amigos for our last dinner together in Greece ( Yes, I know it's a Mexican place in Greece, but we like what we like.), saying goodbye to Deon and Amber, some great friends we made while living overseas, and enjoying a Lacta bar while watching Jennifer Aniston in, The Switch.

Friday Highlights

I absolutely loved watching the Royal Wedding, it was so enchanting. I really felt like I was watching a fairytale. The Prince looked so handsome in his military getup and I don't know where to begin with Kate. She looked stunning, the Grace Kelly inspired wedding dress, her hair, her poise, she truly embodied everything you would picture in a Princess. I have to say that Prince William really hit the jackpot.

This Dress was Flawless!
The happy couple.
The Kiss
Grace Kelly and Kate, their dresses are so similar.
 Saturday

On Saturday I said goodbye to Greece,it was really bittersweet. I was anxious to get home, be in our new apartment but Greece was a big chapter of my life and I couldn't believe it was closing. I learned so much about myself this year that as I said in a post earlier this week that I'm really proud of myself and also my relationship with Kyle. It was our first time living together and we did it in a land very unknown to us. I didn't think when my plane took off from Athens en route to New York that I'd get a little choked up, I guess it's this thought I keep having that I may never come to Greece again, a place where I grew, lived and loved. But I'm a mush so I should of known the tears would start falling. 
My flight was relatively smooth despite some turbulence at the beginning of the flight. The person sitting next to me was actually quite normal, which I haven't been so lucky in the past. I got to watch two great films, Black Swan (awesome) and The King's Speech. The King's speech was amazing and I am so happy I got a chance to watch it, which only made me more fascinated with the Royal Family. I think I'm going to head to Barnes and Noble one day this week to pick up a book or two about King George the VI and that era. 

Again tears began to form as we made our final descent into New York. When Jones Beach came into view, the passenger next to me probably thought I was a nut job as I began clapping to myself like an excited four year old. But he doesn't know my relationship with New York and what this city means to me, so I didn't care how crazy he thought I was. When we touched down, I couldn't wait to call my parents and say, "I'm home." It's been a crazy year, and now was a chance to get back on a routine. (I love my New York routine.) 

 When I got home I couldn't wait to see my puppy, he stuck to his promise and didn't pass away while I was overseas. I know that sounds very morbid but he's very old, I got him in the fourth grade and I'm now twenty five that's ancient for a dog and he was there waiting for me like he always has. I told my manfriend that I think I could of possibly broken the poor dogs ribs because I was hugging him so hard. I was also extremely happy to see my parents. My mom fixed me a glass of wine and put on the Bravo channel for me while my dad made my favorite, BBQ chicken, I was in Heaven. It really was crazy to think that earlier in the day I was eating breakfast with Kyle thousands of miles away and here I am sitting in the house where I grew up enjoying a nice meal with my parents, while my dog begged for my chicken. Life is crazy.


Saturday Highlights

Coming back to New York, my family and my puppy. Being away really makes you appreciate what you have back home and in your family.

Brooklyn Bridge, New York City. I took this photo last summer.

He waited for me, my old puppy Cobi.

Sunday 

Sunday morning marked my first practice as a running coach for Team in Training. So say I was nervous was an understatement, but the manfriend assured me that running comes so natural to me that I have nothing to be nervous about. I told him it was more butterflies then anything, I've wanted to coach for so long and now the moment was here and I was given my chance to do what I've dreamed of for so long. I met with the lovely group of women that I'd be training at a local park, some faces were familiar and others I was just meeting for the first time. Our first practice went great, and I couldn't be more proud of these amazing ladies. What they are doing by running for Team in Training is exceptional, they are raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, while achieving their own personal goal. Each woman's story is unique in what got them to join and help the fight against cancer, and this inspires me in so many ways and I couldn't be happier to help them along their amazing journey. I truly mean this when I say, these women are Rock Stars! 

After practice I headed to my neighborhood Starbucks which I've missed so much, the make my drink perfectly and I've been craving their perfection for many weeks, while away. Then it was time to get down to business, getting my apartment in order, food shopping and all that fun stuff. It was a very, very productive Sunday, I love that I transitioned right back into the grind that I love so much as quickly as I did. I don't like wasting time, because time is way to precious to be wasted. I have a lot of great things going on in my life right now and I really feel blessed. 

Sunday Highlights

Arriving at my local park and being able to run and to run as a coach. I was in all my glory, you'd think I was Bill Bowerman ( Legendary track coach for the University of Oregon) coaching Olympic athletes. I was having so much fun and I hope my girls had just as much fun. I can't wait for them to run their race in a few weeks, it will be life changing not only for them but for me as well.

Being home in my new apartment.

Coaching for Team in Training, I'm so excited! 


Another huge highlight was the capture of Osama Bin Ladin, you can check out my view on the whole situation here,May 2nd Quote of the Day.

Have a great week loves!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs