Monday, May 16, 2011

Quote of the day.

Oh Monday, you've crept up on me again. Instead of being sad that the weekend is over, I'm going to accept that Monday is here and conquer it. Another busy week is ahead of me ending with a half marathon on Saturday. This is a big race for me, I'm trying to break 1:37 and qualify for the ING New York City Marathon. If I achieve that on Saturday, I can cross a long time goal off my bucket list. 

Today's quote comes from one of my favorite fiction authors, Emily Giffen from her book, Love the One You're With. I absolutely loved this book and related to it in so many ways. When I read this quote, I took out my highlighter and underlined, it rang so true for me. This quote is a little mushy and I try to limit these lovey quotes but one every now and then isn't so bad.

Relationships take work, whether it's with a friend, co-worker or significant other, it's not always going to be rainbows and butterflies, as I've said before. There are going to be arguments, and tears every now in then. But it's those argument and tears that make those relationships even stronger. Sometimes there has to be compromise, and sacrifice but in the end if you are happy at the end of the day  then it's all worth it. Love is a funny, hard, great battle but then again so is life.
Enjoy!
But maybe that's what it all comes down to. Love, not as a surge of passion, but as a choice to commit to something, someone, no matter what obstacles or temptations stand in the way. And maybe making that choice, again and again, day in and day out, year after year, says more about love than never having a choice to make at all.
 - Emily Giffen, Love the One You're With

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs