Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fish 'n Chips.

There is one thing my boyfriend and I do anytime we are in a new place, and that's finding an Irish Pub. We find the pub atmosphere the best when we just want to relax, have a pint or two, enjoy some conversation and classic Irish grub. We've been pretty successful, in our searches in the past , stumbling across some really great spots on our journey. 

When Kyle found out he'd be playing in Greece, one of the first things we googled was, " Irish Pubs in Athens", and we were pleasantly surprised that there were quite a few to choose from. What we didn't know was that Kyle's teammate Pat already found a great pub right by the arena called Molly Malone's, we couldn't wait to try it out. 

Last night after his team's victory it was a perfect time to check the pub out. When we walked up to the entrance, I had a huge smile on my face, just from the outside this place looked authentically Irish. On the inside it was all that and more, from the beautiful oak bar, great pictures on the walls, groups of people conversing and laughing, to the television playing Irish Football, this was just what we were looking for.

Molly Malone's Irish Pub in Athens, Greece.

To top everything else off, the food was really delicious. We started off with some beers and a really unique appetizer consisting of avocado, fresh crab meat and a special cream cheese sauce, it may sound a little funky but the combination was a home run. For the entree Kyle ordered the Ribeye steak and it came with homemade fries, and veggies on the side. 

Enjoying some beers and great company.

Avocado and Crabmeat Appetizer. 

Kyle's Ribeye Steak and Fries.

Every time I go to a pub I always order the same thing, that might sound a little boring to some but I always leave happy. My traditional order is the Fish 'n Chips, a classic Irish dish that has become one of my favorite meals. The Fish 'n Chips they served me here was definitely something to write about, the piece of cod that they served me was by far the biggest piece of fish I have ever seen, and the batter was done just right, it didn't taste deep fried and the fish was so fresh. The homemade fries were really yummy and the house tartar sauce was very good. 

My yummy Fish 'n Chips.

I really enjoyed this place and can't wait to go back. I will use this pub as I prepare for our trip to Ireland in May, where I'm sure I'll die and go to pub heaven. It's great to have a place like this, that makes you feel at home, when home is so very far away.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs