Thursday, November 11, 2010

Are they up for a CHALLENGE?

This October, I ran the Chicago Marathon with my cousin Devin. It was such a great experience to share with a family member and I know without him there with me throughout some tough points of the race I wouldn't of been able to go on. We stayed together from beginning to end, giving each other a high-five after every mile marker and running hand in hand through the finish. It was such a great moment to conquer together. 

Coming through the finish with Devin in Chicago.

I have a huge family and we are all really close, there are twenty-seven first cousins and we are always together. After the marathon in Chicago, Devin and I were talking about how cool it would be to get this great family to run in a race together. 

So I have come up with a challenge, I want to get all of my cousins and there significant others to run this years Memorial Day Race in Staten Island, it is a four mile race and I think it would be an awesome accomplishment for our family to capture. On top of that challenge, I also want us to win the team division. I totally think this is reachable, it's November and the race isn't until May so there is plenty of time to train. It would be an amazing thing to get everyone together,crossing the finish line and I know my Nana would be so proud. 

Devin and I can provide all the training they will need to finish this easy four mile race. I really hope everyone joins in, and if you can't we would love you cheering on the roads. 

So are you up for the CHALLENGE?

Let's Go!


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs