Friday, July 8, 2011

Quote of the day.

Hey there, happy Friday! I'm excited to get this weekend started, it's going to be a busy one, which will make a great ending to this already amazing week. I hope you have a productive weekend and remember to do something for YOU! 

Yesterday, we celebrated my manfriend's birthday, wrapping up our mini vacation down in Long Branch, New Jersey, seeing his family and hanging by the pool. I whipped up a nice steak dinner for the birthday boy and then we met a few of our friends at a local bar, where we enjoyed some beers and great conversation.
All in all it was a great day and I hope that my guy enjoyed himself because I know I had a blast. 

This is a real party weekend, we are continuing the manfriend's birthday celebration tonight. He is going to meet me in Manhattan, where we'll grab a bite to eat and see where the night takes us. Tomorrow is my nephew and godson Jack's sixth birthday! I can't wait to party with my family, celebrate Jack and see what kind of cake my awesome baker of a sister creates, I know it's going to be awesome. 

With all this partying I have to make sure I get in some solid workouts, working out sets the pace for me to have a positive, fun day. Now that I'll be teaching yoga and also that I'm a running coach, it's important for me to stay focused on my own workouts and goals I've set for myself, because if I don't, I wouldn't consider myself a good coach or instructor, I have to practice what I preach. 

The Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes July GIVEAWAY has really taken off and we still have a week to go. Enter this sweet Giveaway with your chance of winning a pair of TOMS Classic 101 Sunglasses, which retail for $135! The coolest thing about TOMS Sunglasses is that not only do they look great but when you receive a pair YOU are helping someone in need receive the gift of sight! TOMS Sunglasses are an awesome way to give back!

Click Here for Contest Details!
Today's quote comes from Richard Bach, author of my favorite book, Jonathan Livingston Seagull. (Definitely check that book out asap!) This is one of the quotes that gave me the chills and I had an "ah-ha" moment after reading. Everyone is searching for their path, their journey, their adventure. We search and search and search but we need to realize that WE control our own path, journey and adventure. It's up to you to make it happen, no one else. Go out and conquer! 


Enjoy! 

I had always wanted an adventurous life. It took a long time to realize that I was the only one who was going to make an adventurous life happen to me.
-Richard Bach

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs