Friday, July 22, 2011

Quote of the day + A Nice Tune. (Love!)

Hey Loves, I'm sure happy it's Friday, super excited for the weekend. I hope you all have some pretty awesome stuff planned, be safe and  have fun because YOU deserve it!

So with Friday here, the Manfriend and I really don't have any set plans, you need a weekend like this every once and a while, to chill and relax. I do have my first team marathon practice tomorrow morning with Team in Training, which I am stoked about, I can not wait to beast the Nike Women's Marathon in October!

By the way, I am writing this post on my new iPhone 4, wahoo! I needed a phone so badly and finally had time to go pick one up, I have to say this phone is pretty sweet, there's still a lot I need to learn about this cool gizmo. If anyone has any cool apps to recommend, please  don't hesitate.

Last night after picking up my new phone, the Manfriend and I headed to one of our favorite spots on our little island, Pasticceria Bruno, which I've mentioned before. Their food is delicious, with a great atmosphere, it's always busy but you never have to wait long, it's what I like to call, organized chaos. We ordered a very yummy eggplant parmagian appetizer, which could of been an entree, their portions are very generous. Thank god we ordered salads for our entrees  or we would of been stuffed. Dinner was great and I love going out in the middle of a work week, it definitely de-stresses me.

Countdown 'til the McCarrick Family Vacation in LBI: 8 Days!
 Wahoo, this time next week will be my last day of work for a week, I'll probably have some last minute packing and I'll be feeling like a little kid on Christmas Eve, LBI is the best present of the year. I was telling the Manfriend that you could send me to the most beautiful beach on the planet and I probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do with LBI, call me crazy but this place has my heart.

Today's quote comes from a great song you've might of heard before called, Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Even thought it's from the movie, Wizard of Oz, which has scared the crap out of me since I was a kid, ( The Cowardly Lion freaked me out, how ironic that he was called the coward.) I still love this song. I believe everyone has a "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" moment, every once in a while, I know I do.


We are all searching for our place, while dealing with everyday bullshit, trying to stay focused on what we really want in life. We all want to get over our personal rainbow and see all of our hopes and dreams come true. I believe you can get there, it may take a lot of hard work but it will most certainly be worth it. And hey, if happy little bluebirds can fly above the rainbow, there's no reason you can't too.

Enjoy and Never Stop Climbing!
All My Love,
Meggie

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?
-Judy Garland, Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I also included my favorite version of this amazing song, it's by Hawaiian singing  legend, IZ. If there were ever to be a montage of my life, this would be my theme song.

Have a great Friday and weekend.


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs