Monday, July 25, 2011

Quote of the day + A Tune.


Oh Monday, how are you already here? I hope the weekend treated you all well. I had a pretty fantastic weekend, it was the first time in a very long time that the Manfriend an I had no place to be, we really took advantage of this rarity.  We did things around the apartment, got in some great workouts, did some "couple" things and spent some time with both of our families. We also received some pretty life changing info, which I wish I could share with you at this moment, but you'll have to wait a little longer. Sorry if you hate suspense, I apologize.


I plan on making this Monday a great one, because why not? I'm twelve short weeks away from the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, and I feel like I am more committed then ever to my running and my goal of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. So, today after work a great workout is a must which will also help put me in a great of mind to get through the week, I love the power of a great workout. 


Countdown to the McCarrick family vacation in LBI: 5 Days! 
I wish there was a fast forward button I could press to speed this week up, I need to be on the sand! I am really hoping the week is kind to me and I get through it without any road bumps. (Here's hoping!) 


Today's quote is from the fantastic band, Modest Mouse, and their song, Float On. I love this song and I am going to be honest when I say, I really dislike that Lupe Fiasco totally ruined this amazing song by sampling it and trying to make it his own. Remember, be yourself not a second rate version of someone else.

Anyway, enough of my ranting, back to the quote from Modest Mouse's Float On. The words are great and lets us know that even when things get hard and heavy, we'll get through it. Life isn't supposed to be perfect, that's what makes it interesting. So float on my friends! 


Enjoy! 

And we'll all float on alright
Already we'll all float on
Alright don't worry even if things end up a bit to heavy
We'll all float on alright
Already we'll all float on
-Modest Mouse, Float On







No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs