Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quote of the day. (Big Things!)

Hey the Loves, have a happy Wednesday, make it a great one. We are in the middle of a heat wave here in New York City which makes commuting into Manhattan not very fun, my hair hasn't looked good all week, thank you humidity! Please stay cool! 

Big News!!! I've been contemplating doing another marathon for a while now, it has really been bothering me that I hadn't signed up for one in 2011. Well, that all changed yesterday when on impulse I registered for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco this October. I'm so excited about the potential I have running this 26.2 mile marathon, I am going for a Boston Qualifier, which means I have to run pretty darn fast, which I am willing to do. I'll be running this marathon as a part of Team in Training, I figured since I coach for Team in Training, I might as well run for them myself. So, marathon training officially starts today, since this race is mid October. 

Countdown to the McCarrick Family Vacation in Long Beach Island: 10 Days!
I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the first week in August. I look forward to this week every year because this is when my family heads down to the Jersey Shore, and no it isn't your Snookie, fist pumping, Jersey Shore. Long Beach Island is a great, family, beach town and we vacation here every summer. It's a week to relax, enjoy the sun, the sand, the waves, midday naps, great food and family of course. This will be my nephew William's first LBI experience and even though he is only a few weeks old, we'll be sure to take tons of pictures so he can always remember his first trip down the shore. So, I'm powering through the next week and a half with Long Beach Island on my mind. 


Today's quote is less of a quote and more of a simple thought. Life can get hectic and stressful, do your best to be yourself, worry less about material things and focus more on things that will make your story more interesting. Be an adventurer, be you, be great.

Enjoy! 

Live Simply.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs