Friday, July 15, 2011

Quote of the day + A Tune.



I've been waiting for this day all week, so happy it's Friday! I had a very busy week and I can't wait to start the weekend. What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever they are I hope you have a great time and find some time for YOU. 

I have some fun things planned for the weekend, I can't wait to get in some great workouts and watch Team USA play for the World Cup on Sunday, makes me miss my days playing soccer.

The July Giveaway for Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes ends today at 12 noon (est), the winner will be announced tomorrow, Saturday July 16th! Enter the Giveaway with your chance of winning a pair of TOMS Classic 101 Sunglasses. When you receive a pairs of TOMS Sunnies someone in need will receive the gift of sight, what an awesome give back.

Check out all the Giveaway details below.


Good Luck and thank you so much for participating! 

Today's quote comes from the band Coldplay and their awesome new song, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. I am so in love with this new EP from one of my favorite bands. The song can having many meanings, that's what I love about Coldplay, their songs are so relatable to so many people. 

To me, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is about trying your best and giving your all, when it gets hard digging  deep and discovering what you're really made of. Through hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and tears, one prevails. In order to be the best you that you want to be, you have to believe that you are capable of being whatever it is that you want to be. Be you, be great, and believe because you more then anyone deserves the best.

Enjoy

I turn the music up, I got my records on
I shut the world outside until the lights come on
Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone
I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song

And all the kids they dance, all the kids all night
Until Monday morning feels another life
I turn the music up
I'm on a roll this time
And heaven is in sight

I turn the music up, I got my records on
From underneath the rubble sing a rebel song
Don't want to see another generation drop
I'd rather be a comma than a full stop

Maybe I'm in the black, maybe I'm on my knees
Maybe I'm in the gap between the two trapezes
But my heart is beating and my pulses start
Cathedrals in my heart

As we saw oh this light I swear you, emerge blinking into
To tell me it's alright
As we soar walls, every siren is a symphony
And every tear's a waterfall
Is a waterfall
Oh
Is a waterfall
Oh oh oh
Is a is a waterfall
Every tear
Is a waterfall
Oh oh oh

So you can hurt, hurt me bad
But still I'll raise the flag

Oh
It was a wa wa wa wa wa-aterfall
A wa wa wa wa wa-aterfall

Every tear
Every tear
Every teardrop is a waterfall


-Coldplay, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
Have a listen yourself and enjoy it!

 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs