Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quote of the day.

Happy Thursday my dears, make it a fantastic one. I woke up in such a fantastic mood and I am ready to conquer the day. 


 I have a really fun day ahead of me, at work I am helping out at the Abercrombie and Fitch Casting for their Christmas marketing. I am assisting the photography crew, it should be a lot of fun and I am really looking forward to it. After work I am meeting up with my brother and we are heading to our favorite Urban Outfitters to by some last minute stuff for our family getaway. 

I am also really looking forward to tonight, I planned a celebration dinner for Kyle signing a two year contract to play for the Limoges CSP basketball team in France. We'll be heading to a great spot on Staten Island that I've mentioned numerous times for their delicious food, Pasticceria Bruno, for an intimate dinner with our families. I still can't tell you how proud I am of my Manfriend and I think his recent accomplishment definitely deserves a celebration. 


Now that we will be living  in France for the better part of the next two years, I must learn the language. I am anxious to get started, my method is to use Rosetta Stone and also throw myself into their culture, hopefully after two years I'll be a master of the French language. 


Countdown to the McCarrick family vacation in LBI: 2 Days! 
We are on the final stretch, and I couldn't be happier. I have still yet to pack, why do I always wait until the last minute? Kyle and I planned a mini caravan with my brother and sister-in-law, we are leaving super duper early Saturday morning, so we can beat all the shore traffic, as long as I have a Starbucks in my hand I don't mind the early departure. 


Today's quote comes from the fantastic band, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, and their song, Home. I warning you now it's going to get a little mushy from here on out.


 I love this song, it reminds my of my Manfriend and my relationship. We started out on our journey in a long distance relationship , we did this for two and half years, we made it through with such a strong bond, which set us up for the next chapter of our lives. 


Now we are travelers due to the manfriend's exciting basketball career. It's taken us many places, some better then others.  Our next stop  is France and I know even though we will be far away from our families and friends, we'll get through it because we have each other. Kyle has become my rock, my best friend and my home, everything is better when I'm with him. (Sorry if the mush factor was a little higher then usual, I am just a huge lover of love.)


Enjoy! 

Alabama Arkansas I do Love my Ma and Pa
Not the way that I do Love you


Holy Moly Me oh My your the apple of my eye
Girl I've never loved one like you


Man o Man your my best friend I scream it to the nothingness
there ain't nothing that I need


Hot and Heavy pumpkin pie
Chocolate candy Jesus Christ
Ain't nothing please me more than you


Home, Let me come Home
Home is Whenever I'm with you
Home, yes I am Home
Home is wherever I'm with you


Lalalala Take me Home
Mama I'm Coming Home


I follow you into the park, through the jungle through the dark
Girl I've never loved one like you


Moats and boats and Waterfalls, Alleyways and payphone calls
I been everywhere with you (that's true)


Laugh until we think we'll die, barefoot on a summer night
never could be sweeter than with you

And in the streets you run a free,
Like it's only you and me,
Geeze, you're something to see.
-Edward Sharpe and Magnetic Zeros, Home



No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs