Monday, July 4, 2011

Quote of the day. + A Tune.

Happy Fourth of July to all my fellow Americans out there. It's such a special day for the USA, remember all the people who have fought for and people who are still fighting for our freedom today. We sometimes tend to forget the sacrifices made for keeping this country free and safe. So today, please remember! 

A huge thank you to all the military men in my life. My brother-in-law Chris Perkins (Coast Guard) who is currently deployed, my manfriends best friends Mike Mastrangelo (Army) and Antonio Betulia (Navy), who is also currently deployed. Thank you so much for what you do, it does not go unnoticed and it is greatly appreciated. 

I am actually working today, bummer. I am missing my families annual Fourth of July Barbecue, I guess that's life, I'm not going to pout about it. On a high note, my sister-in-law Lia, went into the hospital last night to be induced. That means I'll be meeting my new nephew William later on today. This will conclude William Watch 2011! He's had a long run in his mama's belly but it's definitely time for his arrival. I can't wait to meet this baby and welcome him into the family. He's definitely making Fourth of July even more special. 

I am so proud of my brother and sister-in-law, they are going to make amazing parents. I am so excited to see their family grow, it really is such a beautiful thing. 

Don't forget to enter the July GIVEAWAY! Jeans and Tee's and Travel and Cakes will be giving away a pair of TOMS Classic 101 Sunglasses! These awesome sunglasses retail at $135 and they could be yours for FREE!
Just click ->HERE<- for all the contest details.
When you receive pair of TOMS Sunglasses, you are giving the gift of sight to someone in need. Your GIVEAWAY is a way to GIVE BACK! The GIVEAWAY runs until July 15th! Good Luck! 


 
Today's quote comes from the band Five for Fighting and their song, Freedom Never Cries. I thought this song was very fitting for today, the words are so powerful. Like I said earlier in this post, please remember all of those people that have served this country, have lost their lives serving and those who continue to serve her.

Sometimes we take our freedoms for granted. For example, I'm bummed I have to work today, meanwhile there is some 22 year old solider in Afghanistan, being shot at, fighting for my rights to go to work everyday, enjoy my daily Starbucks, my runs in the park, writing this blog and spending time with my family. When you realize things like that, it's puts life and your daily worries into a greater perspective. 

Enjoy and God Bless the USA! 

I took a flag to a pawn shop
For a broken guitar
I took a flag to a pawn shop
How much is that guitar
I took a flag to a pawn shop
I Got me that guitar
What's a flag in a pawn shop to me?

I Saw a man on the TV
In a mask with a gun
A man on the TV
He had a ten-year old son
I Saw a man on the TV
His son had a gun
He says that he's coming for me

I never loved the soldier until there was a war
Or thought about tomorrow
'til my baby hit the floor
I only talk to God when somebody's about to die
I Never cherished Freedom

Freedom never cries.

I Wrote a song for a dead man
To settle my soul
A song for a dead man
Now I'll never grow old
I Wrote a song for a dead man
Now I'm out in the cold
What's a song to a dead man to me?

I never loved the soldier until there was a war
Or thought about tomorrow
'til my baby hit the floor
I Only talk to God when somebody's about to die
I Never cherished Freedom

Freedom never cries...

You can cry for her
Die for her
Lay down your life for her
Kiss and wave Goodbye to her
Anything at all

You can cry for her
Die for her
Make up your mind to her
Anything at all

There's a baby on the doorstep
Wailing away
There's a baby on the doorstep
Longing for the day
There's a baby on the doorstep
Who'd give his life to take
A flag to a pawn shop
A flag to a pawn shop

May he forget why he is crying some day.
-Five for Fighting, Freedom Never Cries 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs