Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quote of the day.

Happy weekend and happy Saturday Loves, have a great day! I'm sitting at my desk, in my apartment, looking out over the park, it's such a peaceful Saturday morning. I absolutely love being able to enjoy the mornings, it's actually when I prefer to blog, I have fresh creative juices flowing after a good nights sleep.

It's going to be a fun filled Saturday for the manfriend and myself, we are  heading to Pennsylvania. First we are stopping at Kyle's best friend's house, to visit him (Mike), his wife (Carolyn) and their beautiful baby boy (Auden). I am really looking forward to seeing them and enjoying the afternoon. After our visit with them we are heading to Philadelphia to celebrate Kyle's teammate from Notre Dame's birthday. It should really be great day and I am so looking forward to seeing everyone. 

Today's quote comes from Randy Pausch, you might know him from the amazing book, The Last Lecture. Randy was a professor at Carnegie Mellon University when he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He gave a speech which famously became his, "Last Lecture", where he discussed living out his childhood dreams. I know I suggest many books to read and songs to listen to but this book is a MUST read, it will change your life, I know it changed mine. 

The quote from Randy that I am sharing with you is a simple one but says so much. In life we can either be a go getter, fighting through adversity, challenging ourselves, accepting that life isn't always going to go as planned, keeping a positive attitude. That's living! Or we can give up when times get hard, not giving yourself credit where credit is due, even if you didn't succeed but tried, feeling bad for yourself if you didn't get what you wanted, not rising up to challenges. 

 I'm choosing the go getter lifestyle, I know life isn't perfect, it's life. I know at times everything can seem like it's going wrong and then the next minute you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you trust your gut, and your heart, if you give all of yourself, you'll see life isn't hell, it's just a really crazy roller coaster. 

Enjoy!

You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
-Randy Pausch
I choose to be a TIGGER!

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs