Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quote of the day.

Hey loves, happy Thursday! Make today a fantastic one for you because like I always say, you deserve it more then you think you do. It's another gorgeous, crisp day in New York City and I plan on enjoying it's beauty after work by running my little heart out. 

This morning I'm enjoying the new Beyonce Album, 4 (Awesome by the way!) and a yummy coffee. I find some great music and a coffee are the perfect tools to aid in my writing. Which I never thought in my wildest dreams I would love to do as much as I do. Writing has really become a new found passion of mine and I thank you for reading my random thoughts, what interests me and daily experiences, it really means the world to me. 

Tomorrow is the big day ladies and gents, I am meeting with the owner of the Secret Garden, to talk about running Yoga by Meg out of her spa. This is a big moment in life, I am getting to the place I've been searching for and it's exciting, scary, nerve wracking and a bunch of other things. I'll be sure to keep you posted with how tomorrow turns out. 

I'll also be announcing the July GIVEAWAY tomorrow, July 1st at 12 Noon! Its a great GIVEAWAY, I think you are all going to go bananas over it, so be sure to stay tuned for the big announcement. 

William Watch 2011: Day 17! Another day and still no William, this baby is being stubborn. We are now hoping for a July 1st arrival, which is tomorrow. July 1st was my awesome Uncle Tommy's birthday and he tragically passed away in 2009, we miss him dearly and it would be so cool if William could share the day with Tommy. So come on William, July 1st, July 1st, July 1st! I know Uncle Tommy will give you all the good vibrations you'll ever need and you'll be our little beach boy. 

Today's quote isn't so much a quote but more a list of secrets to a successful adulthood. This list comes from a great book I am reading by Gretchen Rubin called, The Happiness Project. My friend suggested this book to me, she said, "If you loved Bethenny Frankel's, A Place of Yes, then you must check out, The Happiness Project." Well, so far so good, I will definitely be writing a more in depth post about, The Happiness Project, as soon as I finish it up. 

I really dig the "Secrets of Adulthood" list Gretchen composed, it's a pretty simple way of seeing  things. When things get a little hectic in your life, it's nice to read things like this list, that put things into a clear perspective. 
Compliments of Tumblr.
Enjoy, Love and Live Life!


Secrets of Adulthood

  • People don't notice your mistakes as much as you think.
  • It's okay to ask for help.
  • Most decisions don't require extensive research.
  • Do good, feel good.
  • It's important to be nice to everyone.
  • Bring a sweater.
  • By doing a little bit each day, you can get a lot accomplished.
  • Soap and water remove most stains.
  • Turning the computer on and off a few times often fixes a glitch.
  • If you can't fond something, clean up.
  • You can choose what you do; you can't choose what you like to do.
  • Happiness doesn't always make you feel happy.
  • What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while.
  • You don't have to be good at everything.
  • If your not failing, you're not trying hard enough.
  • Over-the-counter medicines are very effective.
  • Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
  • What's fun for other people may not be fun for you-and vice versa.
  • People actually prefer that you buy wedding gifts off their registry.
  • You can't profoundly change your children's natures by nagging them or signing them up for classes.
  • No deposit, no return.
-Gretchen Rubin

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs