Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quote of the day.

Good day beautiful bloggers and Jeans and Tee's and Travel and Cakes readers, happy Tuesday! I am back in New York after an amazing weekend in Chicago, now it's back to business as usual. I actually have some pretty exciting things going on this week, so I am thinking nothing but positive vibes. I hope you are having a great work week and still making some time to do something for you. 

Last night after getting home from the airport, vegging-out after the long fun weekend, I laced up my running shoes and hit the park. I had an amazing run, everyday I'm feeling stronger and stronger, mentally and physically when it comes to my training. Pardon my French but I'm really getting my sh*t together. 

As for the big things that are going on this week, tomorrow I am meeting with the owners of the Secret Garden, a hair and beauty spa on the Island. We are going to talk about me possibly using their yoga studio to run Yoga by Meg classes. I can't tell you how excited this makes me, to have this opportunity to run my own studio, and create a business at the age of 25. I truly believe that if you work really hard and are a genuinely good person, that great things will come back to you. I guess you could say I believe in karma.

It's back to work today and my usual routine, hoping these imposing thunderstorms in New York City hold off until late tonight, so I can get in a sweet workout after work. I'm also very excited because the Manfriend is picking up some furniture we ordered, our apartment finally feels like a home.

William Watch 2011: Day 15! Well still no William, I told his mommy and daddy yesterday that he was being a good nephew and waiting for me to get home, so I wouldn't look like that bad aunt who missed his birth. Mom-to-be is now four days past her due date and she's ready to go. Come on William, we all want to meet you so very badly!!! 


Today's quote comes from the cute romantic comedy, Letters to Juliet. I heard this quote last night as the Manfriend and I enjoyed this sappy flick as we were winding down from the busy weekend. This quote is a letter from Sophie (Amanda Seyfried's character) to Claire (Vanessa Redgrave). It could be looked at as a mushy one but I think you can look at it in other ways too, it doesn't just have to be a quote about two people who love each other. It could be about loving something, having passion for something and maybe life gets in the way which in turn puts your love and passions on the back burner. If this has happened to you, do everything in your power to get back on the track to your dreams, because no one wants to live with, "What if's."

I have been extremely blessed to find someone who has made it part of his priorities to see me follow through with my passions and goals. Kyle always pushes me to become that best self I am yearning to be, and loves me for being nothing but myself. I work hard to do the same for him, because in the end you know it's the real deal when their happiness in turn brings you happiness. Fight for love, travel for love and most importantly, live for love.

Enjoy!


"'What' and ‘if’ two words as nonthreatening
as words come. But put
them together side-by-side and they
have the power to haunt you for the
rest of your life: ‘What if?'..."


"I don't know how your story ended.
But I know that if what you felt
then was love - true love - then
it's never too late. If it was true
then it why wouldn't it be true
now? You need only the courage to
follow your heart..."


"I don't know what a love like that
feels like... a love to leave loved
ones for, a love to cross oceans
for... but I'd like to believe if I
ever felt it. I'd have the courage
to seize it. I hope you had the
courage to seize it, Claire. And if
you didn't, I hope one day that you
will."
-Letters to Juliet

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs