Sunday, June 12, 2011

Quote of the day.

Sunday morning rain is falling, I love my Maroon 5 especially that song and it's so fitting for today as I woke up to cloudy skies. I hope everyone has a great day ahead of them,  I plan on be very productive today. A necessary two a day workout is in store for me, starting with a run this morning and ending with a mile swim tonight, this Ironman is creeping up on me. 


I woke up in a fabulous mood because of what I experienced yesterday, watching my team run their first 10k. We had 45 women toe the starting line and I am happy to say all 45 women finished. They were all fantastic, and each came across the finish line with a smile their face. I've coached them for six weeks and this was definitely one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had, to see them achieve a goal and know that I helped them on their way, put tears in my eyes. I am beyond proud of them and I hope they sign up for another race because yesterday they officially became a runner!

Today's quote is in honor of my team and what they accomplished yesterday, a lot of them didn't think they would be able to achieve what they did, there were most certainly fears and some tears along their journey but they did it. The author of this quote is American motivational speaker and author, Zig Ziglar. These are some powerful words and I love quotes such as this. If you are looking to be the best you that you can be, following the idea that Zig lays out before us about success, can most certainly help you on your way. 

Enjoy!

Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be. 
-Zig Ziglar


No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs