Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Brunching

I have fallen quite in love with Sunday Brunch and I decided for Father's Day this past weekend, that I'd host my very own brunch. This would be my first get together at the manfriend's and my apartment, I wanted it to go perfectly.

Saturday afternoon I planned out a simple menu. I went to the local grocer, shopped for all the supplies and food I needed. I swung by the liquor store, to pick up some champagne for mimosas, I was ready to go. My sister-in-law was going to take care of dessert, she'd be making a trifle.

I woke up early Sunday morning to get cracking on my first brunch. I started by whipping up some yummy blueberry muffins, along with some croissants. They left the apartment smelling amazing, I was getting exciting for my company to arrive.

I have to say cooking never went smoother, I timed everything perfectly. I made some french toast, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, a huge fruit salad and home fries. I brewed some coffee and tea, stirred up some amazing mimosas. Brunch was ready!

My family arrived and they loved the spread, I couldn't wait for them to try everything. I absolutely love to entertain, seeing other people enjoying themselves, laughing, relaxing, enjoying some food and conversation, makes my day. And I believe I succeeded.. They really liked the food and complimented my efforts, I was really proud of myself. The only thing missing was the manfriend who was out at the University of Notre Dame, working a basketball camp. I know there will be more opportunities to entertain, I just hate that he missed the first one.

Oh and how could I forget the amazing trifle Lia made. This was the perfect dessert after a very filling brunch. It was light and fluffy and the fruit was superb. There was some leftover and I couldn't wait to have it as a late night treat.

All in all it was the perfect day to celebrate my dad and my brother who is a dad-to-be. I was happy to entertain and I can't wait to have another Brunch very soon.

Brunching

Yummy!

Some of the yummy spread.

Mimosa


Fresh and delicious.



The amazing trifle, Lia made.

Unbelieveable.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs