Thursday, June 23, 2011

Quote of the day.

Hey Lovelies, hope the week is going well for you. My Thursday is off to a great start, I woke up at 5am to get in a run in before work, this run was dedicated to a friend of mine who was an amazing runner who sadly passed away seven years ago today. It was really hot and muggy during my run but I dug deep, I thanked my friend after for getting me through the workout. It's runs like these that make me really feel like a badass athlete and make me so thankful that I get to go for a run everyday. Miss you Robbie and so do so many others.

 Because I was up so early, after my run, I got ready for work with tons of time to spare, so I ran some errands. Nothing better the being productive in the early hours of the morning. Now I'm enjoying an iced coffee from Starbucks and totally ready to conquer the day ahead.

Last night was a quiet night for me, and it's the quiet nights that do more harm then good. When I'm not busy doing something, it leaves me with too much time to think, my mind wanders through every thought and fear in my little head. I told you I'm working on being less of a worrier and learning to relax, but this doesn't just happen over night. Last nights worry was about my future, what am I doing with my life? Where am I going? These are common thoughts for most but they become magnifide when you have time to yourself to really think.

I've decided to listen to my heart, as cliche as that sounds. Because 98% of the time, following my heart led me to the right place. It's not the easiest concept to follow, I've dealt with my fair share of critics, when it has come to following my heart. But in my life, I am choosing to be happy, and of people have a problem or an opinion about that, then they have their own problems to deal with. (Had to get this off my chest.)

As I was saying earlier today is going to be a busy one, I have work, I have to finish shopping and packing for Chicago, since I leave tomorrow morning, and I am having "Ladies Night" at my apartment tonight. Keeping busy keeps you alive.

William Watch 2011: Day 10! Well it's Thursday the 23rd, the day I was hoping little Will would arrive, no sign of him yet. However, the day is still young so who knows, maybe an evening arrival. Because remember if he doesn't come today he has to wait until Tuesday, so I don't miss his arrival.


Today's quote I just love, it's by British novelist Jeanette Winterson. This quote is about taking risks and not being affraid to take chances. I guess this is the theme of day, taking risks, following your heart and living the life you want to live, because why the hell not. If you never take a chance, and always play it safe, you are going to have regrets. I'm choosing to be a risk taker, I'd rather know that I tried rather then wondering, "what if?"

 Enjoy!



What you risk reveals what you value.
- Jeanette Winterson

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs