Friday, June 10, 2011

Quote of the day. + A Nice Tune.

Hallelujah, it's Friday! I am so ready to start the weekend, it's going to be a great one too. What are your weekend plans? I hope it's a fun, relaxing and productive one for you. I'm excited to head over to, Swim Bike Run after work and test out the Trek I am looking to purchase, this dream of Ironman is becoming more and more real as the days progress. 

Tomorrow is the big day for my Team and Training ladies, they will be running, The New York Road Runner's Mini 10k in Central Park. I am so excited for all of them and what they are about to accomplish. They've already achieved so much over the past six weeks, training while raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I can't tell you how proud I am of them and all they've done, these women are truly inspiring. They are going to do amazing tomorrow and hopefully they'll catch the running bug and tackle some more dreams after this one is achieved. The following quote and song is dedicated to them, good luck ladies, you are going to beast this run.

Today's quote comes from singer, Priscilla Ahn and her song Dream. If you are a chick you've heard this song in the movie Bride Wars, starring Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway.  This is a fantastic song, it's a constant on my iPod playlist. The song is sweet, the words are strong and I feel that I, like many others, relate to its message. And I only hope that at the end of my story (Life.), I can smile and say I had a dream, a great story and I lived it well.

Keep Dreaming.

Enjoy the quote and the song that follows!

Long walks in the dark,
Through woods grown behind the park,
I asked God who I'm supposed to be.

The stars smiled down at me
God answered in silent reverie
I said a prayer and fell asleep 
I had a dream. 

That I could fly from the highest tree,
I had a dream.

-Priscilla Ahn, Dream 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs