Friday, June 17, 2011

Quote of the day.

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, that Rebecca Black knows what she's talking about. Happy Friday my dearies, hope it's a great one and to my fellow New Yorkers, please stay dry. What's on tap for your weekend? I have to get in a run after work today, then I look forward to having a Skinnygirl Margarita, I feel it's well deserved after a stressful week. 

Tomorrow morning after I drop my  off at the airport, (He's going out to Notre Dame to run a basketball camp.) I'll be heading down to Cape May to spend some quality time with my nephews, sister and brother-in-law. It really bothers me that I don't get to see them as much as I would like. I hate seeing them grow through pictures on Facebook and Skype, maybe one day we'll all live nearby each other.

William Watch 2011: Day 4! No baby Will yet, I was with the mom and pop-to-be last night and they are doing great. I'm still pulling for him to get here this weekend, maybe a Father's Day baby! That would be quite the present. 

Today's quote comes from the movie, Eat, Pray, Love. This movie was made after one of my favorite books by Elizabeth Gilbert, it literally changed my life and gave me a way more positive outlook on life. This quote which is at the very end of the movie, gets me every time, after hearing it I want to go conquer the world, my world that is.


I want to go after my dreams, goals and ultimately become the Meggie that I'm striving to become. The Meggie that worries less, gives more, allows herself to be loved and give love in return. The Meggie that doesn't sweat the small stuff, that believes no goal is to hard as long as you work even harder to attain it. The Meggie that doesn't judge others because she has no idea what they are going through and what their circumstances might be. The Meggie that just wants to be better because there is always room for self improvement and she knows that NOBODY is perfect. If a quote from a movie can ignite that spark to be a better me, then I may have to watch that scene every morning for the rest of my life, to start the day off right.

Enjoy and Have an Awesome Weekend! 

I've come to believe that there exists in the universe something I call "The Physics of The Quest" - a force of nature governed by laws as real as the laws gravity or momentum. And the rule of Quest Physics maybe goes like this: "If you are brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting (which can be anything from your house to your bitter old resentments) and set out on a truth-seeking journey (either externally or internally), and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue, and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared - most of all - to face (and forgive) some very difficult realities about yourself....then truth will not be withheld from you." Or so I've come to believe.
-Eat, Pray, Love

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs