Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm Back! (Quote of the day.)

Boy oh boy, did I miss you guys! I had an amazing week away with my family in Long Beach Island, New Jersey but I missed you so much. We had no wifi in our beach house, which I know that it's good to take a break from technology every now and then, but I have to admit, I did find that I was getting the itch to communicate with you throughout my week. Well, now I am back, feeling relaxed, rested and ready for the craziness that is about to ensue. 

So here's what is going on, today is my first day back at work, which I am looking forward to, I like having my work routine. The manfriend and I were informed that most likely the manfriend will be reporting to his new basketball team in France next week. I knew this was coming, but it really does sneak up on you sometimes. I am so proud of him, excited for our journey together but I have to admit that I'm a little sad that he's leaving our new apartment here in the States. (That's me being a little selfish, sorry.) 

As of right now, I'll probably be heading out to France the last week in August for a short visit, to check out the city and help Kyle settle into our French apartment. After my trip in August, I'll be going over for a more permanent stay at the end of October, after I run the Nike Women's Marathon and coach my Team in Training runners in the Brooklyn Rock and Roll 10K. October is going to be an extremely busy month, which is always good when I am away from my love, the time always goes faster when you are keeping busy. 

When I'm over in Limoges, France where we will be living, I figured I'd take full advantage of living abroad. I will be registering for classes at the University in our city. I plan on diving into the French language, and I also plan on taking a creative writing class, since I have recently found that to be a new love and passion of mine. (Hmm-hmm this blog.)I think it's so important to find my own thing while I'm over there, so school it is. 


Now on to the quote of the day, I know you've missed it. Today's quote comes from American author, Orison Swett Marden. I absolutely adore this quote. It is so important to find your purpose in life, it's the only thing that is uniquely yours to have. So go after whatever it is, live with purpose, live with passion, and enjoy the freaking crazy ride. Like my girl Bethenny Frankel always says, "Go Big or Go Home!"

Enjoy!

Find your purpose and fling your life out to it. Find a way or make one. Try with all your might. Self-made or never made.
-Orison Swett Marden

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs