Friday, August 19, 2011

Quote of the day.

Loving that it's Friday, I know you are too. What are your plans for this August weekend? Whatever your plans may be, enjoy it, you've worked your ass off all week, take some time this weekend for you because you deserve some "me" time. 

I am looking forward to a relaxing night, I have no set plans, maybe a trip to Barnes and Noble, maybe a glass of wine and a romantic comedy, who knows where the night will take me. I am looking forward to a nice run after work, that is as long as the rain doesn't get in the way. The weather this past week in New York City has been miserable, rainy, hot and humid, not fun for a commuter or for someone that likes to workout outside. So fingers crossed the skies don't open up tonight and I can actually hit the pavement. 


Today's quote comes from my girl, Sara Bareilles and her song, Uncharted, off her latest LP Kaleidoscope Heart. I know this album is almost a year old but it is still a constant on my play list, I love her voice and her words. Uncharted is definitely one of my favorite songs off the album and mainly because of one line, of course that's the quote (lyric) I'm sharing with you today. 

We worry, more then we should about who we are and where we are going, I'm guilty of it, I admit. We need to stop worrying so much about our futures because if we are constantly worrying about what is ahead of us, we won't enjoy what is right in front of us. Stop putting so much pressure on yourself, and trust that if you work hard and give it your all, everything will pay off in the end. Remember the present is most certainly a gift, don't take the ride for granted. 

Enjoy! 

Compare where you are to where you want to be, and you'll get nowhere.
-Sara Bareilles, Uncharted

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs