Thursday, August 25, 2011

Quote of day.

Happy Thursday beauties, hope this week is treating you kindly. We are so close to the weekend, which I am really looking forward to, except for the possible hurricane New York City might get hit with this Sunday. 

Last night after a long day of work, I went to my parents house for a nice dinner, my brother and sister-in-law were also there with cute, baby William. I have to say that my family has been nothing short of amazing the last two weeks. They know that I've been a little stressed lately, with the upcoming overseas move, and missing my roommate/Manfriend terribly, they've managed to keep me positive through some not so good days. I am so thankful for having a family like them, and consider myself lucky for the continued support and love they give me each day. 


The time has come again for me to start coaching another running event for Team in Training and I couldn't be more excited. I will be coaching the Staten Island Chapter, who will be training for the Inaugural Brooklyn Rock and Roll 10k, in Prospect Park, October 22nd. 

If anyone is interested in running a 10k and raising some money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, please reach out to me. We have training plans for all levels of runners including; run/walkers, intermediate and advanced. What's great about running for Team in Training is,not only are you achieving a personal goal by completing a 10k, you are also helping others in need. That's a win/win if you ask me. Training begins the second week in September, so if you are interested and in the Staten Island area, email me at: JeansTeesTravelCakes@gmail.com

Now time a quote for this wonderful Thursday. Today's quote comes from American author, H. Jackson Brown Jr. and it's indeed a great one. Life is crazy and stuff is going to get in the way of your planned journey, once you let go and realize that it's supposed to be a little messy and that there is no straight path, you will be unstoppable. Don't let anyone or anything keep you from doing what you want to do and being the you that you've dreamed of being. Be unstoppable.

Enjoy!

Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.
H. Jackson Brown Jr.

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs