Monday, August 29, 2011

Quote of the day.

Hey Loves, happy Monday! What a weekend it was here in New York. We braved Hurricane Irene, I'm so thankful that the storm wasn't to  severe. Because of the storm, I evacuated to my parents house early Saturday morning,they are up on higher ground in Staten Island, so I felt safe. I enjoyed a camp out with my family for the weekend, which was full of movie watching, magazine reading, wine drinking and enjoying some yummy food. I have to admit, I was getting a little stir crazy, I think mainly because I was without my precious Starbucks for two days.(Haha!)

Well now it's back to usual, I have a Starbucks in my hand, I'm blogging to my loves and it's going to be a great Monday. Due to the storm, the buses and subways were running on an irregular schedule, because of my long commute from Staten Island, I decided to take a personal day from work. So with today off, I plan on being super productive, getting in a run,doing some things around the apartment that I've wanted to get done, and a trip to Barnes and Noble to check out some new reads. I hope you have a great Monday, you deserve it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Lets start Monday off with a strong quote, which can set the pace to have an even stronger week. The quote is from an Unknown Author, which stinks because someone definitely deserves some credit for these great words. Life can get hard but you have to know that you can get through any obstacle or challenge that stands in your way.

Above is a picture of my manfriend, his senior year in college. This picture was taken right before he and his team were eliminated from the Big East Tournament. I used to look at this picture and it would break my heart, knowing how terrible it must of felt for my guy at that moment, on that court. But he's proven to me over and over again how strong he is and that nothing can stand in his way and that sometimes one gains strength in the hour of defeat. Now I look at this picture every now and then and grab strength from it. If I could be one tenth as strong as him, I'd be able to conquer anything.

 Be strong, surround yourself with people who believe in you and your dreams and never give up. You are stronger then you think.


Enjoy!

You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it.
-Unknown Author

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs