Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Quote of the day.


Yay for Wednesday, have fun getting over the Hump! I hope your week is going well, mine is going ok. I'm getting a little sad that my Manfriend will be leaving me soon but I have to stay positive, we are about to start another extremely amazing chapter in our journey together. 

I have to count my blessings, not many people are given the opportunity to travel the world. I'm just being honest when I say that I absolutely hate being away from him for the simple reason that he's my best friend. When I experience things in my life I want him there, I don't want him to miss a thing and vice versa. Distance does make the heart grow fonder and I know the two months we are apart will go by quickly. 

Props to anyone who is going through a long distance relationship, I know how much it sucks. Major props to my sister who is going through this right now while her husband, Chris, is deployed with the Coast Guard. Not only is she dealing with the separation from the love of her life, she also has two little boys at home to care of by herself, which isn't easy. She wins my vote for Mommy of the Year. I love you Becky, you are one strong lady and I look up to you in so many ways. 

Today's quote is from the band, The Verve, and their song, Lucky Man. You might know this song from Marly and Me, it's the infamous beach bathroom scene.

I love this song and every time I have a listen, I think of my Manfriend and our families.  I am one lucky girl to be surrounded by such an amazing, loving group of people. I also think of how lucky I am to do what I've been able to do in my life, I have my health and I have my happiness, couldn't really ask for more. 

I know that sometimes life gets hard, but when you really sit back and take a look at your life, you're pretty lucky. Many people have it a lot worse, so with that being said, make sure you realize how lucky you are and go after your biggest dreams. Believe in yourself! 

Enjoy!

Happiness
More or less 
It's just a change in me 
Something in my liberty 
Oh, my, my 
Happiness 
Coming and going 
I watch you look at me 
Watch my fever growing 
I know just where I am 


But how many corners do I have to turn? 
How many times do I have to learn 
All the love I have is in my mind? 


Well, I'm a lucky man 
With fire in my hands 
-The Verve, Lucky Man 

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs