Friday, August 26, 2011

Quote of the day.

Hey there, Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cake readers, how are you doing on the Friday in August? I'm happy it's Friday but rather nervous for the East Coast as we are going to get hit by Hurricane Irene this weekend. 


My sister and her family were evacuated from Cape May which is on the southern tip of the New Jersey Shore, because of the possibility of bad coastal flooding from the hurricane. What really stinks for her is that they were scheduled to move up to New Hampshire this weekend, now their move is officially postponed and they are heading up to New York to stay with my parents, who are on higher ground. I'm not one to pray to often but I am praying that the hurricane's ferocity dies down and that there isn't to much damage, especially to places like, Cape May and Long Beach Island where my family has made many memories. Please stay safe this weekend if you are in the area, stay inside, get some extra food and enjoy a good movie or book. 

Last night I was exhausted, I did a 5k time trial, to see where I am at in my training. Well, I went as fast as I could go, the humidity was killing me, but I pushed through and I really surprised myself. I am no professional runner but it seems that my training regime is working, we'll see where it takes me.


 After my run, I was exhausted, I enjoyed dinner with my parents then headed back to my place and passed out at 9:30pm. I woke up feeling like a loser for falling asleep so early but I was refreshed so I didn't let it bother me to much. Now time to enjoy Friday, hopefully work goes smoothly, then it's time to enjoy a girl's night out with Kyle's sister Taryn, his brother's fiancĂ©, Tara and her sister, Jess. We are going to Beso, my favorite restaurant under the sun, yay for tapas food and sangria! 


Friday's quote comes from the band, Coldplay and their song, Viva la Vida. I know the song is a couple of years old but there is one line from these lyrics that I always carry with me and of course I want to share it with you. 


We all have dreams, goals and aspirations, sometimes when we are on the road to achieving something, we think we are never going to get to the finish line. It gets hard but fight through it, you owe it to nobody else but yourself. And that may sound a little selfish but if you don't do things for your own personal journey you'll never have a positive effect on some one's life. Stay positive, be you, be great, it's going to happen for you.

Enjoy!

Working on a dream sometimes feels so far away. 
Viva la Vida, Coldplay 









No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs