Thursday, August 11, 2011

Quote of the day.


Hey beautiful Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cake readers, what a beautiful Thursday it is here in New York. I wish you a very happy Thursday, do something for yourself today, you've earned it! 

I enjoyed a really nice Wednesday night with my Manfriend. He's getting ready for his departure to France, so yesterday after work he picked me up and we went to Macy's for a little shopping. He wanted to pick out some new luggage and I had to pick up a dress or two or three. (Haha) I actually found some pretty sweet pieces that will be accompanying me to France, I know I have to step my fashion game up while over there, which only excites me. I also found a very pretty dress for my manfriend's brother's fiancĂ©'s Bridal Shower this Saturday, it should be a really nice time. Oh, and Kyle found luggage, I never knew how expensive luggage actually was, so I have to thank my parents for getting me some last Christmas!  Kyle was saying since we are literally world travelers, he didn't feel bad investing in a great set of luggage, I couldn't agree more.

After our shopping outing, we headed to the best Mexican spot on the island, Mezcals. Oh my yum, I love this place, it's a little hole in the wall but serves up some really fine cuisine. I always order the Chimbombo, which is a delicious vegetable fajita dish, I accompanied that with a coconut margarita and I was as happy as a pig in poop. I know I've said this before but I love mid-week outings, they have a nice way of breaking up the week. 

Topping off the night my Manfriend supplied me with today's quote. He got it off of Crossfit.com, a workout site. (Definitely check it out for a very cool take on fitness) Everyday the CrossFit website posts various workouts, tips and quotes from it's devoted followers. This quote was one posted and it is fantastic, the minute my Manfriend read it to me, I told him to forward that to me because I needed to share this with my Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakers. 

This quote is about having the right attitude towards things and most importantly the right attitude towards life. If you live with a positive attitude good things will come your way. Life has a really funny way of paying it forward. So smile, life is good, be positive, annoy people with your positivity. 

I prefer to be positive, this isn't always easy to do, living in a world where negativity is always knocking on your door. There is nothing more ugly then a person who only gives off negativity, putting people down and having something to say about everyone's life decision. It's better to focus on your life and chasing your goals then worrying about what everyone else is doing, because it's eventually going to jump up and bite you in the ass. Just like positivity coming back to you, you can be sure that negativity acts the same way.

Enjoy! 

Our attitude towards life determines life's attitude towards us.
-John N. Mitchell

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs