Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Quote of the day.

Hello there loves, happy Tuesday. Why does August feel like it's flying by? I need it to slow down a little bit. I'm getting back into the New York City grind after vacation, now it's all about work, running, eating, blogging, and sleeping, I'm fine with that. 

I am really looking forward to my run after work today, my next marathon is a short 10-1/2 weeks away in San Francisco  and I want to be prepared. You might be wondering what happened to me competed in the Timberman Half Ironman, well, I bowed out. It wasn't in the cards for me this summer. 

Competing in a Half Ironman takes extreme dedication and with all that has been going on in my life lately, I couldn't make that commitment. I didn't want to go up to New Hampshire with some half ass training, insulting the sport and it's athletes that I look up to. When I do decide to do a Half Ironman, it will be done right, and it will feel deserved.

 Now that I am not doing this triathlon, I can fully dedicate myself to marathons again. After running the Nike Women's Marathon in October in San Fran, I am going to sign up for the Paris Marathon for this upcoming April. It's on my bucket list to run a marathon overseas and since the Manfriend and myself will be in France why not take advantage. 

Speaking of France, today I am taking the first steps to becoming a student over there. My plan is that by the end of our two year stay in Limoges, France, I'll be fluent in the French language, which really excites me. My Manfriend is even considering taking a French class as well, he does have a leg up on me though,  he studied French in high school and at the University of Notre Dame. We are all about taking full advantage of the opportunities being given to us. 


Today's quote comes from the band, Bush and their song Glycerine. I love this song and there is one line that really sticks out for me, so of course I am going to share it with you. 

Life moves pretty quickly, sometimes and you have to go after what you want in life. The worst thing you could do to yourself is live with regret. So take on the challenges that the days bring you, keep adding to your ever growing story. 

Enjoy!

Don't let the days go by. 
-Bush, Glycerine

No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs