Thursday, November 10, 2011

A New Melody.

Hello there my wonderful Jeans and Tees and Travel and Cakes readers, have a happy Thursday! I'm up early this morning in Limoges, enjoying the pretty morning sky and the yummy cup of coffee the manfriend made for me, I'd say life is good. I want you to have a fabulous Thursday, do something extraordinary today, remember it's good to step outside that comfort zone every now and then, you'll surprise yourself.


The manfriend and I are sending tons and tons of love back the the United States, as well as a huge congratulations to our good friends Mike and Carolyn for welcoming to the world the new edition to their family. Baby Charlotte Grace was born on Tuesday, and she is simply beautiful. She has the best big brother around and she's one lucky little girl. I am so excited for the whole family at this amazing time! I can't wait to meet little Charlotte (Such a great name!) when we return for the holidays.


Yesterday Kyle and I went on a little shopping excursion, we headed to the outskirts of Limoges to a store that would resemble Homegoods back home, it's called Jardiland. The manfriend did his research on this place and said they have what we are looking for. What were we looking for you ask? We were in need of puppy supplies, our little dude comes a week from Monday. Jardiland really hooked us up, we got a dog bed, blankets, toys, wee-wee pads, a little doggy carpet and a few other items. It's great to know this store is here for us and I'm sure we will frequent it often.


It's so great to see how excited the manfriend is to be getting the puppy and on our drive home from the store, he suggested we get a second puppy pretty quickly after, because he knows we will do a good job with our first one. I love his enthusiasm but I suggested we focus on getting puppy #1 first.




Last week I told you how amazing Coldplay's new album, Mylo Xyloto is. I also told you that I would write a little post about it, so here it is. Coldplay is probably one of my favorite bands for this simple reason, their music is so versatile. I can run to it, blog to it, have it on in the background while I am doing whatever, plain and simple it's great background music to life.


Their newest album Mylo Xyloto scores big with me, it's classically Coldplay and I can listen to it over and over again, never tiring. Here is what Coldplay's frontman Chris Martin has to say about Mylo Xyloto,"the album is "based on a love story with a happy ending", in which two protagonists: Mylo and Xyloto, who are living in an oppressive, dystopian urban environment, meet one another through a gang called "The Lost Boys", and fall in love. Lyrically, the album is inspired by "old school American graffiti" and "the White Rose Movement.""


Coldplay's albums always tell a great story and I am always happy to listen to the adventure, because it helps me on mine. It's amazing how music can help define moments in your life. Coldplay's music has helped define many of mine. I can still hear songs from their last album, Viva la Vida and be taken back in time, to a time in my life when I was really searching for who "Meghan" was, I was letting go of my old life, which wasn't easy and discovering new reasons to smile, learning to love myself again. That album was released in 2008 and now in 201, I can look back, listen and smile because that music helped me get through some pretty tough shit. As I listen to this new album, the music takes on a whole new meaning for me, I am happy with where I am and who I am working on becoming and I now believe in happy endings, which I had a tough time believing in three years ago. 


Below are two quotes I want to share with you. One quote is from my favorite song off Coldplay's 2008 album, Viva la Vida called, Death and All His Friends. The second quote comes from my favorite song off their new album, Mylo Xyloto called, Charlie Brown. It's amazing to see how opposite these lyrics are and how certain times in your life call for different melodies. In 2008 I needed those words and that music. I can say though, that I am happy that the tune I'm humming in 2011 is a lot more positive. The power of song is amazing.


Enjoy!


And in the end,
We lie awake, 
And dream of making our escape. 
-Coldplay, Viva la Vida, Death and All His Friends


I stole the key
I took the car downtown where the lost boys meet
I took the car downtown and took what they offered me
To set me free
I saw the lights go down at the end of the scene
I saw the lights go down and they're standing in front of me

My scarecrow dreams
When they smash my heart into smithereens
I'll be a bright red rose come blasting the concrete
Be the cartoon heart
Light a fire from a spark
Light a fire, a flame in my heart

-Coldplay, Mylo Xyloto, Charlie Brown 



No comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs